SO! What started out as a 'I AM SERIOUSLY SLEEP DEPRIVED', and 'let's see what might help with that' quest, has taken on a bit of a life of its' own. This QUEST started with Feng Shui-ing my bedroom. After moving furniture, cleaning said DUSTY furniture, rearranging everything so that my bed was in the optimal position for the room, and going on an all out quest of everything having a place AND living in that place... Not dumping clothes on the chair is KILLING me, but WHO KNEW - it's a great spot to SIT! Since creating great energy flow in the room while I am SLEEPING, limiting stimulants (namely chocolate and tea, as well as night use of the computer), changing evening bedroom lighting (candles and soft light lamps), and getting to bed AT A DECENT TIME has ALL contributed to relieving the ZOMBIE BRAIN state, I suddenly realized what life in a fog had bestowed upon me - A HUGE, UGLY, OVERWHELMING MESS!
That's when I started attacking the rest of the house, going into 'I CAN'T STAND ALL THIS CRUD' organizing and REMOVING CRUD mode! And it didn't all happen in Octobers' 'GET ORGANIZED' week. It has taken WEEKS. But now that everything has a home, and I have counter space in the kitchen, the bookshelves in the living room are once again accessible (WOO HOO! Got more books than you have space? Stack creatively!), my stress level is once again manageable, I find myself wanting to get rid of excess.
If it doesn't serve me, then bye-bye!
And that leads me up to my HUGE-A-MONSTROUS closet. I turned all of the hangers BACKWARDS. As I wear things, I will rehang them RIGHT. Next October everything that doesn't get worn, GOES. I'm not exactly sure what I will do for everything on the shelves... Clear out a shelf and put things on it as I wear them???
ANY IDEAS? PLEASE POST!
What do you do to keep organized? Please share in the comments, and as always,
Be Savvy, Be Serene, and Be Successful!


No comments:
Post a Comment