What was the most fascinating or surprising historical fact that you found in your research of the 1901 time period? And did it find it's way into Sweet on You, or is it something that might show up in a later book in the Meddlin' Madeline series?

CHAUTONA HAVIG:
That's a toss up between how inexpensive the Brownie camera was (and it's TINY picture size) and the fact that the Pinkerton Detective Agency worked more like "Secret Service" agents for strikebreakers than actual detectives. They did do detective work, but the bulk of their stuff was much less investigative.
Thanks, Ms. Havig!
![]() |
| Now available on Amazon. Purchase by May 1 and receive the bonus short story, Essie's Endeavor. ![]() |


YAY! Thanks for sharing, Sarah! I can't wait to use the Pinkertons again. I have a dear friend whose family WERE "the Pinkertons" so I kind of have to! :D
ReplyDelete