Wednesday, July 17, 2013

SCRUMPTIOUS GRAIN-FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE

 
Maybe this post should have been titled "DANGEROUS" instead of "SCRUMPTIOUS". I am eating ANOTHER cookie as I am writing this. ;o) They are DANGEROUSLY DELICIOUS. Cookies aren't usually much of a temptation for me, even before the wheat allergy and sensitivity to grains, but I do have a few recipes that are TOTALLY addicting. I will be sharing them over the next few weeks. ENJOY!
 

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies 
with Peanut Butter Chips
Makes 30 Cookies

Mix in medium bowl: 
1 cup brown sugar * 1 cup crunchy Peanut-butter
 
Stir in: 1 large egg * 1 tsp. baking soda * 1 tsp. vanilla
Stir in: 1 cup Peanut-butter Chips

1. Preheat oven to 350*. 
2. Drop by spoonfuls onto Silpat or lined baking sheets.
3. Bake 10 minutes or until puffed. Do not over-bake!
4. Cool on sheets. Store in covered container.
 
 
THE TEST KITCHEN:
Just in case you don't think it makes any difference using creamy or crunchy PB - like I did on my 1st batch of cookies... It does! The creamy PB cookies stayed 'puffed' and were quite dry and crumbly. They were still tasty, you just NEEDED that glass of milk, tea, WATER! The crunchy PB cookies are soft, moist and IRRESISTIBLY delicious.
 
I also used less sugar (closer to 3/4 cup than the 1 cup that the recipe calls for) and the cookies were plenty sweet and turned out beautifully.
 
 
BE HEALTHY AND BE SWEET!
 
 
PLEASE SHARE YOUR FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPE WITH ALL OF US!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment